From the Apple’s business lineup, Mac computers can become the problem. It happens very often to almost any Mac user that the accumulated bulk of apps on your machine seriously clutters the performance. The general term for that stuff is junk, though you may also call it bloatware, crapware, photo apps or anything. However, presently our task is not to explain on each sort of junk items, but to assist mac users with solving the trivial yet not very simple task of clearing the disk space, that is how to remove apps from mac.
Thus, if you wish to remove apps on Mac device, there are different ways to complete the task. You can do this manually or take advantage of a special program like MacFly Pro. It is not just a simple cleaner, but a multi-purpose software intended to deal with a series of well-spread maintenance procedures on a Mac computer. The tasks it can complete include removing problematic junks like app leftovers and cache elements.
But first, let us consider the manual procedure to uninstall applications on Mac. You can do this in three ways: uninstalling applications previously downloaded from Mac App Store, deleting apps (those not downloaded from the Mac App Store) in the Finder, and from the Dock.
The procedure of deleting apps previously downloaded from Mac App Store has a few peculiar features. The algorithm differs from the way you remove junk from your Mac. Here is how you can complete the task.
- First, you open Launchpad: by clicking Launchpad icon on your Dock, by tapping F4 in the function row, or by performing four-finger pinch on the trackpad.
- Select the application you wish to remove.
- Click and hold app’s icon until it starts to jiggle.
- Click the ‘X’ in the upper left corner of the application icon.
- Click Delete when prompted.
Now, on deleting your apps (those downloaded from the web, not from App Store) in the Finder.
- In the Dock, open Finder window by clicking on the icon with the same name.
- Head to the sidebar, click Applications.
- Find the name of the needed application by scrolling the list. Or use the search procedure.
- Right-click on the app.
- Click Move to Trash.
- Click on Trash icon in the Dock.
- Click Empty.
And finally deleting apps from Dock. Alternatively, it is possible to use the drag-and-drop technique.
- Find the necessary app on the Dock.
- Click and hold the app icon.
- Drag the application icon to the Trash bin (in your Dock) and release.
- Click on the Trash.
- Click Empty.
But the most time-saving way to remove apps on mac is with the use of specialized cleaning tools like MacFly Pro or others. These third-party apps will help you get rid of any application together with all associated files in a secure and accurate manner.